Easy Smashed Potatoes
Smashed potatoes are one of my FAVORITE sides. Dare I say I prefer them over french fries? I love how crispy they get, which I find to be difficult when making homemade french fries. Looking for a great alternative to your usual potato side? Look no further than these wonderful smashed potatoes.
- 1 lb (or however many you like) fingerling potatoes
- 1 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Herbs of your choice
- Rinse your potatoes under hot water, get those babies clean.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil (amount of water depends on how many taders you do, just make sure potatoes are covered).
- Once water comes to a boil, add the potatoes.
- Boil for 10-15 mins until they're fork tender.
- Remove potatoes from water and place on baking sheet, allow them to cool for a couple mins.
- Take the back of a wooden spoon or a fork and smash the potatoes lightly. Don't go overboard here!
- Drizzle your 'taders with avocado oil (avocado oil has a higher smoke point than olive oil).
- Add whatever seasoning you like.
- Bake at 425F for 20 mins or until golden crust has formed.