Pumpkin Spice "Cookie Dough" Bites
It is FINALLY FALL! Aka the best time of the year! Call me basic, but I am pretty much a fan of pumpkin spice EVERYTHING (except pumpkin spice lattes, oddly enough). Typically pumpkin spice seems to sneak its way into sweet treats like pies, cookies, and muffins, which we may not be able to have on a daily basis. This is what inspired me to create a healthy pumpkin flavored snack for those of us who want to enjoy both fall-themed treats, and still feel good about the food decisions we're making! These Pumpkin Spice "Cookie Dough" Bites are made with raw nuts, pumpkin puree and coconut, to give you lots of energy thanks to the powers of healthy fats! All you need is a food processor and you're good to go! Enjoy!!
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in filtered water for 3-6 hours to soften)
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts (soaked in filtered water for 3-6 hours to soften)
- 1/4 cup raw coconut butter (melted)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes or shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional...add if you like a little extra kick!)
- 2-3 dates or 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. You may want to set aside half of the walnuts and half of the coconut flakes until the end to add a little texture to the balls.
- Remove contents from food processor and transfer to a bowl. Using a tablespoon or ice cream scoop, measure out 1 tablespoon servings of dough and roll into balls.
- Store in the freezer and remove minutes before eating!