Hi all! Hope everyone is having a beautiful day!! I have been loving on this summer warmth thats swept through Baltimore this week. Nothing like sweating WHEREVER you go...ha..ha. ANYWHOOO!
I wanted to share my matcha recipe on here, because surprisingly it is the recipe I get asked for the most! While it's already posted on my IG page, I figured I would add it here as well for future reference.
So if you're new here, you may be wondering: what is "matcha"? Well, matcha is a special type of green tea that is finely ground into a powder. I have been drinking matcha before it was "trendy", but now find it is the perfect swap for a second cup of coffee. Not only does matcha taste amazing (think grassy, herbal, dry tea with a subtle sweetness. Very "earthy" tasting), but it has a number of incredible health benefits. Like regular green tea, matcha is full of antioxidants. Plus, it helps boost the metabolism and detoxifies the body. And thanks to the rich green color, it is full of chlorophyll!
I hope you find this recipe helpful, and reference often! As always, reach out to me with any questions you have! Happy matcha-ing!
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp matcha powder (one of mine is from Ippodo Tea)
- 1/2 C hot water (not boiling)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter-for frothiness
- 1 scoop Further Food collagen peptides (omit to make vegan/vegetarian...USE MY CODE HEALTHMASON5 FOR $$ OFF YOUR ORDER)
- 1/4 tsp your favorite Sun Potion adaptogens (optional)
- Dash cinnamon
- Honey for sweetness-I don't always sweeten mine, but when I do I use Manuka Honey from Wedderspoon (optional)
Blend on high in your Vitamix or high speed blender for 1 minute for maximum frothiness. Enjoy hot on its own, or pour over ice and add your favorite non-dairy milk!