Go-To Green Smoothie
I take my green* smoothies VERY seriously. I am OBSESSED. I think I have this exact smoothie 5 days a week, it is that good, and makes me feel GREAT. I was originally inspired by Kelly Leveque's Fab Four Smoothie, which was created by Kelly to turn off hunger hormones through the use of protein, fat, fiber, and greens. I love her method and have found this formula to be really useful at keeping me full throughout the morning. Keep in mind, this is not a super sweet smoothie...and that's what I like about it! Feel free to add a bit more stevia, or top it with your favorite sweet fruits. However, by only adding a few blueberries to the smoothie, it helps keep your blood sugar levels stable, thus not causing you to feel hungry in 30 minutes.
Here is my recipe for my go-to green smoothie!
- 1 cup organic spinach
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or your favorite non-dairy milk). I use Califia Farms Unsweetened Original
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup organic blueberries
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 2-4 pieces Trader Joe's frozen coconut pieces
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon Crazy Richards Peanut Butter Powder (optional or just add regular nut butter)
- Stevia (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Sun Potion Yin Power (optional, or use your favorite adaptogens)
Blend on HIGH until smooth. If you feel like you need more liquid to get it going, add a bit more almond milk. Pour into a tall glass, decorate with your favorite toppings (I love topping mine with coconut yogurt, peanut butter and bee pollen) and enjoy!
*Want to make it chocolatey? Add 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder, a pinch of sea salt and a dash of cinnamon. It will result in a color that resembles baby poop, but it'll taste delicious!