Chocolate Matzo Bark
HAPPY PASSOVER! Ok so I am not Jewish, but I love Matzo. I also love chocolate bark. Why not combine these two delicious things into one perfect match made in heaven? I did. Here is my simple recipe. Enjoy!
- 2 pieces matzo
- 1/4 C raw cacao powder
- 1/4 C coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp pure maple syrup
- pinch sea salt or Maldon salt
- 1/4 C chopped cashews and almonds (optional)
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 tbsp freeze-dried raspberries (optional)
- Place two pieces of Matzo on a baking sheet lined with parchment or a silicone baking mat
- Measure out 1/4 cup raw cacao powder, and set aside.
- Measure out 1/4 cup coconut oil, and put into glass mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until oil has completely liquified.
- Slowly add the raw cacao powder to the mixing bowl, stirring to incorporate the oil and chocolate. Once all of the cacao powder has been added, mix in the maple syrup.
- Once all the liquid ingredients have been well incorporated, take the mixture and pour over the matzo.
- Top the chocolate matzo with whatever you like! I added salt and nuts to one half, as well as coconut and freeze-dried raspberries to the other.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for one hour
- After an hour, remove the sheet and break up the matzo bark into bite-sized chunks. Store in air-tight container in fridge or freezer.
Allergen note: contains nuts.