Cheddar Jalapeño Turkey Meatballs
First of all, let me apologize for how LONG it has been since I've posted a recipe! Between the house, wedding planning, traveling and health stuff, things have been a little busy around here! However, I am so excited to share this delicious recipe with you! I wanted to create another turkey meatball recipe, since my Pesto Turkey Meatballs are my most popular recipe to date! These may give the pesto ones a run for their money because Yale and I have been LOVING them! Super tasty, with a little spicy kick and have the sharp punch from the cheddar cheese. Plus, like my other meatball recipe, they are crazy easy. Literally just throw all ingredients into a bowl and form into balls! Simple!! Since I have been avoiding dairy, I used Parmela Creamery sharp cheddar style vegan cheese for this recipe and it worked super well! However, I would recommend using real cheese if dairy doesn't cause any issues for you! Nonetheless, they are delicious either way! Enjoy!
- 1 pound ground turkey (organic, hormone-free, vegetarian-fed if possible)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 egg (pasture raised/free-range, vegetarian fed, organic if possible)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium jalapeño, diced and seeded if you want your meatballs to be less spicy
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dice onion and garlic. In an oiled pan, cook the onion and garlic until onion is translucent. Stirring occasionally to avoid burning. Set aside and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl add the ground turkey with the rest of the ingredients. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Portion meatballs out into whatever size you prefer (mine were slightly smaller than tennis balls). Place meatballs onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes (timing will very depending on size). Flip meatballs halfway to form golden crust on each side. Makes 10-12 meatballs.